The most common digital marketing interview questions are
- What is your experience with digital marketing?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why?
- How would you measure the success of a campaign?
- What are some of the best practices for SEO?
- How do you measure ROI for a campaign?
- What is online marketing?
- How do you define digital marketing?
- What are the different types of advertising?
- What are the different types of media sites?
- How does search engine optimization work?
- Tell me about an example of a campaign that was successful in your industry/area
- Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision
Answer: I’ve been in digital marketing for over 10 years working with both marketing and advertising agencies. My strengths are my attention to detail, organization, and ability to think strategically about how to approach a campaign. My weaknesses include working in an environment where there is minimal supervision and long hours are typical during crunch times. I enjoy using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram because they provide the opportunity for people’s stories to be heard or seen by others who might not otherwise hear from them. There’s a sense of community and support that people often get from connecting with others on Instagram. At the same time, there’s a certain kind of sad sentimentality to Instagram that comes from being in the digital age with everything we’ve lost in terms of interaction and touch. The idea that we live in an age where stories have to be seen or told through social media is something that can feel quite lonely.
There are many types of digital marketing. Some of the most popular ones are:
– Search engine optimization (SEO)
– Social media marketing
– Email marketing
– Content Marketing
– Display advertising
Examples of media sites
- Traditional social networking sites
- Social review sites
- Image and video-sharing sites
- Video hosting sites
- Community blogs
- Discussion sites
What are some of the best practices for SEO?
- Write Unique Titles, Descriptions, and Content
- Optimize Your Title Tag for SEO
- Optimize Your Site’s Loading Speed
- Optimize Images for SEO
- Use Internal Linking
How do you measure ROI for a campaign?
Calculating Simple ROI
The most basic way to calculate the ROI of a marketing campaign is to integrate it into the overall business line calculation.
You take the sales growth from that business or product line, subtract the marketing costs, and then divide by the marketing cost.
(Sales Growth – Marketing Cost) / Marketing Cost = ROI1
So, if sales grew by $1,000 and the marketing campaign cost $100, then the simple ROI is 900%.
(($1000-$100) / $100) = 900%.
That’s a pretty amazing ROI, but it was picked more for round numbers than for realism.